PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 17:23
Yeehaw22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Whilst I admire your optimism I can assure you that not all working groups within TUI are being treated in the same way nor are they being as well 'looked after' as the guys and gals upfront. I've personally seen pilots recruited just as the pandemic started being treated fantastically well, whilst members of staff elsewhere with 20 and 30+ years service being shown the door. And I'm sure that many of the cabin crew that are currently going through the CR process wouldn't share your sentiments either. Several working groups who worked right through the pandemic even when all the fleet was grounded have been on a far worse deal than the drivers. I'm not knocking what you guys negotiated, just noting that it's not all as rosy across the business.

I see a lot mentioned of the German "support" however these were not bailouts, they were loans, and TUI as a whole now have a monumental amount of debt to repay and will need several very good years to get back on an even keel. They are not alone in this regard however they have several competitors who are not as debt laden.

I just hope that the never ending restrictions are released as more countries get vaccination rates up and we can all get back to work properly.