PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferrying from China - Language barriers?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 12:36
JohnHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd
Good to hear you are getting a ferry pilot.

Which routing are you planning on? I believe the shortest crossing from Canada to Greenland is from CYFB to Nuuk. That is approximately 430 nm.

I apologize for being blunt but this is approaching the wrong time of year to attempt a flight like this. I would hate to hear of any misfortune without having expressed in no uncertain terms how dangerous this is.

I do wish you the best and please consider shipping it so you can use it to enjoy the beauty of Norway.
Qikiqtarjuaq - Kangerlussuaq is 311nm, last chunk of it is over land along a fjord. Common ferry stop as far as we have been told. We agree it's getting cold, but we're not in full on winter yet. In Norway both of us fly throughout the year in coastal mountain conditions and in our experience there's good and bad conditions all year, just more of it during the winter.
Without being too overly optimistic I think we should make it through Canada without too much drama. We have all the time in the world, so we can wait for good weather windows. Have you flown much in Arctic areas yourself? I know a SAR pilot on Greenland who's from my neck of the woods in Norway, he says that it's similar, just more of it.