PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 04:07
Slippery_Pete

Received 398 Likes on 73 Posts
apparently I don’t have enough posts to attach a link and also I’ve only known you for 10 minutes so I sure as hell ain’t doing your homework assignment for you..

search “Vaccines don’t protect against infection or transmission” on google..I found articles by AP, Reuters and NY times with references in 2 minutes from July
I think the problem here is your education. Most of us learned about confirmation bias in about year 10.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I agree with your sentiment but getting jabbed isn't exactly bending over and copping it.

It's significant protection from severe illness and death.
I gave up long ago trying to convince the anti-vax or anti-COVIDvax brigade. You’ll probably find a lot of peace in doing the same. It really is banging your head on a brick wall.

The conversation generally goes like this:
a) Science and experts say vaccine is safe and effective
b) But I googled “vaccines don’t work and are unsafe”, here’s the article that came up, must be true
a) That’s written by a journalist
b) But I found one doctor who agrees with it
a) The large majority (99%) of doctors, biomedical scientists and epidemiologists don’t agree with that one doctor
(this is where the transaction moves up a gear as they proceed towards child state)
b) but they’re taking away my freedoms making me get vaccinated to fly
a) No, they’re giving you a choice which is entirely your freedom to make. The problem is you don’t like the consequences of your choice.
(and now the pièce de résistance)
b) You must be in on it! It’s all a conspiracy. You’re one of the sheeple.

Don’t waste your breath. Nothing is more exhausting than trying to fill a cup that’s already full. That effort is better expended on grounding our children (and generations beyond) in science, and medicine.

Last edited by Slippery_Pete; 22nd Aug 2021 at 05:31.