PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 02:59
Ollie Onion

Received 233 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by hamfists
apparently I don’t have enough posts to attach a link and also I’ve only known you for 10 minutes so I sure as hell ain’t doing your homework assignment for you..

search “Vaccines don’t protect against infection or transmission” on google..I found articles by AP, Reuters and NY times with references in 2 minutes from July
But none of that matters, the important thing is that when vaccinated you are far less likely to catch COVID, yes if you are a breakthrough case and catch it after the vaccine you can pass it on. The next important thing is IF you do catch it then you have a VERY high protection against serious illness and an even higher protection against being hospitalised. So what you said is just plain wrong, the more who are vaccinated the harder for Covid to spread amongst the community and even if there is an outbreak if the population is vaccinated enough you will not overwhelm the health system as serious illness will be unlikely. So quite the opposite to your ‘vaccines are for the individual’ the vaccine rollout to a high percentage is the key to EVERYONE moving on with life. But hey you will have the choice, this is going to become a pandemic of the unvaccinated and you will catch COVID at some point, I for one have no interest in drowning in my own fluids so I will take anything on offer that virtually excludes that possibility.