PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2021, 01:13
Torukmacto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not being from NSW I’m only seeing Gladys’s recent work and I think she is leading the country the right way . Mistakes have been made but so has every other politician on the planet . She said we have to come to terms with it as it’s here to stay , she tried to keep economic loss to a minimum before this outbreak forced her hand . Outbreaks in western suburbs , aboriginal communities and aged care facilities staffed by anti-vaxers are weak points that she has tried to respond to quickly . She is getting more vaccines in for the vulnerable and on the front foot with vaccinating young people , that’s been happening overseas for months . She was first to nominate a % that would allow her to open things up . It’s reported the nsw power brokers have numbers to topple her and she would lose an election ,yet she is staying the course that seems to my uneducated brain a way through this **** storm while all the other premiers look to winning next election in a landslide by pandering to people’s fears by locking everyone up so they feel safe in their beds at night . The pendulum will swing and the money men in Canberra will gain the upper hand once vaccinations reach %70 and support to the states gets reduced .