PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2021, 20:13
highflyer40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OutsideCAS
Oh, I don't know - maybe just the small issue of a full clinical trial and published results for the former.

The Yellow Fever (vaccine) has gone through such a regimen and has full published results. I understand the need for an "emergency response" vaccine but to suggest such a product should be mandated is and would be (IMHO) a very 'shaky' ground if nothing else, legally. If you wish to take the vaccine, by all means as an individual - take it. But others have differing beliefs and have drawn their own conclusions, some valid some not perhaps - not any one individual or company should be insisting either way. If an employer insists an employee takes up the offer of a vaccine (not fully licensed), then decides anyone who refuses is subject to disciplinary action or otherwise, then said employer really is "p!ss!ng in the wind" and will get very wet in time I think.
I think it’s getting to the point where it’s the other way around. Most regulated industries in the western world (maybe others, but I’m not sure) are requiring vaccination now as a requirement to keep your job. Those other companies that aren’t yet mandated to do it are the ones who are as you say “p!ss!ing in the wind” as they are the ones that will be facing lawsuits if someone were to get seriously ill from an unvaccinated co-worker and the company hadn’t mandated it. I know you will say it’s impossible to prove who you caught it from but in a civil suit you have a lesser standard, and if the unvaccinated person you are sitting next to everyday tests positive and a few days later you test positive and get seriously ill or die, a lawyer will have a field day with that one. And companies will be more afraid of that than the repercussions of mandating a vaccinations. So watch this space, pretty much every business is going to follow the bandwagon, as it’s too risky not to.