PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Creamies ?
Thread: Creamies ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2021, 12:24
exMudmover

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy Street

I was not that naïve. I knew I had to put up and shut up, as the PAIs/ QWIs were assessing the film and could easily get you chopped from the squadron.

It wasn’t until I became a Flt Cdr that I was prepared to be openly critical of some QWI ethics.

In those days I knew on joining my first OCU that QFIs were generally looked down on and ridiculed by many in the mudmoving world - I suspect in many cases because of bad experiences during initial flying training, e.g. their QFI may have had the temerity to suggest that they weren’t yet the world’s greatest pilot. After all, the fact that you are now a fighter pilot proves that the QFI was wrong doesn’t it?

Our senior PAI on my first squadron used to recite loudly to himself “Green onions and QFIs give me the big sh..s” This always within my earshot. A classic bullying technique.

I got my revenge on him. He was useless in air combat and I was able to defeat him easily. He was horrified that an ex-creamy with less than 100 hours on type could do that.