PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2021, 01:50
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rabbitwear
People do realise that a frontline vaccinated person can spread the disease the same as a non vaccinated person.
No, not “the same”.

The vaccine significantly decreases your chance of getting Covid. If you get Covid the vaccine significantly decreases the likelihood of passing it on to someone else. It also significantly decreases the likelihood of getting sick. If you do get sick the vaccine significantly decreases the likelihood of you ending up in hospital. If you end up in hospital, the vaccine significantly decreases the likelihood of you ending up in ICU. If you end up in ICU the vaccine significantly decreases your chance of dying.

All of this is repeated in data from all over the world.

We’re all going to get Covid at some stage. The data is clear that you’re much better off having caught it when vaccinated than having caught it when not.

Personally I encourage everyone to get vax’d. The decision is a no brainer. I can understand some restrictions between now when not everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated and the time when everyone has had that opportunity. When we get to that second point though, I’d prefer to allow people’s own choices dictate the outcome.