PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S Minister: Face up to present realities
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 14:53
southernmtn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tired Pilots

I wonder if the Senile Minister would like the pilots, after helping out with cleaning the airplane and carrying some of the baggage, to conduct the departure feeling hot and bothered? Perhaps, he should further suggest that during the 12-hour cruise that the pilots also help out with the cabin service, especially the second set of pilots who are taking their in-flight rest, instead of sitting comfortably in their luxurious Business Class or FirstClass seats. Make full use of them; and when they are truly tired out, let them back into the secrecy of their cockpits and then go on to conduct their sedentary tasks of the descent, approach and landing. Flying is so easy, so they should be paid less.

I would not be such a FOOL as to be envious of the pilots having an easy and relaxed time in the cockpit while the plane cruises on autopilot. I would also not begrudge them their Business Class seats during their inflight rest. I would be happy and comforted to know that they are having an easy time during the cruise, so that they will be fresh and well-rested for the final part of the flight, otherwise it might very well become terminal for everyone instead of everyone stepping into the terminal.