PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2021, 09:21
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by De_flieger
It's reported that the requirement will be to have had the first dose by the 30th of September, and the second dose by the 30th of November. Exemptions will be available for medical reasons. Front line staff are already required to demonstrate that they are vaccinated against tetanus, whooping cough, chickenpox, measles and diptheria in NSW, and get an annual flu shot. It's not the way of the future, it's been here for many years.

Edit - Xeptu - Yes, it's a NSW health order.
Thanks de_flieger and No Idea Either for the info. Subsequently found it out a bit later as well. I stayed silent for a while but I was pretty cranky when I found out that nurses working with Covid patients had no ongoing surveillance program for them. I just couldn’t comprehend that the same NSW Health department that came up with all the inane rules about iso and surveillance for fully vaccinated crew would then allow unvaccinated health workers engage directly with Covid patients, roam around the community, and not have any surveillance of them. I mean it’s not like various health systems didn’t have outbreaks as a result of people working with Covid patients.

Then about three weeks ago NSW Health started up the ‘every three days’ for health staff requirement. About time.

If I have to be vaccinated to step foot inside Sydney International terminal I don’t think it’s too much to ask for people working with Covid patients to also be vaccinated.