PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways after Covid
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2021, 01:58
Fog Ducker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I feel your pain "Lost Goat"!

I spent 1096 days flying the 777 for QR. (before you get your calculator out, this is 3 years plus 1 day). I had promised them 3 years, and I left only when I had a guarantee of getting my "final settlement" pay.

You have shared many memories of my short life in the Land-of-Sand! Fortunately I was there during a better time. Our pay had not been fiddled with, and I was allowed to leave the company living compound (EKG) in my first 11 days and moved to the EZDAN, and finally the Pearl Quarter.

But we endured many of the frustrations you mention.... deadheading for NO pay, never being allowed to fly to my home country, flying over India (where no CPDLC message was accepted until we endured the mandatory HF calls), airport hotels, a DOOR training session that was set in the middle of my days off, deadheading in uniform. Worst and stressful part was driving in Doha! (especially when tired) So not all of the irritation could be managed by QR, but certainly MOST of the problems could have been solved by treating us decently at very little or no cost.

There was NO training in ground school or simulator... There was NO positive reinforcement,.... It was all CHECKING!.

I would never recommend for a young pilot to consider going there. They have some lovely new airplanes with a goat on the tail, but this airline knows absolutely NOTHING about human factors .