PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2021, 01:44
Koizi

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
I was talking to a Union solicitor this morning and their opinion was that Airlines are absolutely entitled to make vaccines mandatory as it already happens. Many Airlines already have requirements for Longhaul crew to maintain a level of vaccination for certain destinations, he also said many other industries also have mandated requirements such as Surgeons employed have to have Hep C vaccines and some Pre-schools requiring ALL vaccines for both employees and clients. He said ultimately they are not forcing a medical procedure as it will be done to individual choice if you take the vaccine or not, if YOU CHOOSE not to the implications of that decision will be well known.
+1 to this. Vaccination requirements have been around for various professional and leisure activities long before COVID. A close friend of mine has needed flu vax certificates every winter for as long as I can remember to perform their job.

To argue it shouldn't be part of international aviation is just a NIMBY type argument.