PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Should you? and Which?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 10:14
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good Helmets for Sale

Guys and Gals,

I could go onto E-bay with this but I wanted to make sure that the word got out into the helo community first.

I have a great source for used Gentex SPH5 helmets for new or old pilots.

They are used in an Air Ambulance operation by medics and are in the 1 - 3 year old range. All have dual visors and are white in colour. They are used about 2hrs a week on average and some have not been used for a year or so.

They come equiped with all avionics and the standard SPH5 liner.

Sizes vary from Medium to XL.

At this time I have 3 available. One is an XL absolutely the closest thing to brand new as it has only been used 4 times.

The others are mediums and have a few scratches on the top of them where the guys place them down on the ground while attending to a patient. NONE have been dropped.

I remember when I started I paid $800 for a beat up old SPH4 with the internal strap system that gave me a monster headache. In comparison these are half the weight and twice the comfort.

The XL is going for $1100 dollars canadian normally $1800 new. I have photos and that I can send to a buyer.

The others are going for $1000 canadian each, but I may be able to negociate them cheaper.

Buyer pays for shipping to worldwide.

I want to see these helmets go to people who are going to use them. I will make sure they are cleaned and in good working condition. If you have any troubles with them you can send it back and I will refund your purchase price ...... you have my word.

They will eventually go onto ebay and into the US market so if you are interested email me at [email protected] and I will send you pictures.

There will be more as time goes and as I get them I will put out the word.