PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL 777 EMA base
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2021, 09:58
HandoverRichard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where will the pilots come from?

"British (or EASA) licence, Right to Reside in UK, with 777 rating" will surely be the main culler.

From the group of pilots who fall in line with that requirement, who is there?

In addition to ME carriers there must be some from the Chinese carriers. Maybe some from Vietnam where expats were flying 787s - but might have previously flown 777s. As for the ME guys, even if they're on furlough, surely they'd take the first job available then reassess later if the old job knocks on the door.

Don't forget the ex-Norwegian pilots who also had flown 777 previously (as many had).

Whether pilots from CX and the Chinese will want to work for a fraction of their previous packages will come down to individuals' financial needs. A high percantage of those who I know (of) are able, and keen, to reitre or take up a small business (these guys are generally around 50yo).

Pilots from BA would surey be FOs, as captains would have been held in the company by seniority.

It's fun to guess, but who, besides those in the DHL office, knows? Either you'll get called for an interview... or not.

Last edited by HandoverRichard; 19th Aug 2021 at 09:03.