PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2021, 23:24
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
The problem with that concept, 43I, is that the only people who can vote Dan / Gladys out are their respective State citizens. Even though Gladys' failure to lockdown earlier has had nationwide implications, those in Qld or Vic have got no say, anymore than me having a say in McGoose's re-election hopes, even though I've spent more time actually in WA over the last decade than my home state...

FWIW, I don't blame Gladys for this screwup. Yes, they should have locked down earlier, we know that now. They were running their standard playbook for the original strain and got caught out by Delta that doesn't play by those rules. Vic is beginning to lose it, even EnZud has got cases of it now and they've had none for yonks. Of course, she could have kept it out of NSW for almost the entire pandemic by doing what Tasmania has done - not accept any incoming airfreight or international passengers but who else was going to step up and do it? Anna-Stayaway? McGoose?

I've noticed an increasing trend for Pollie's to start sprinkling their press conferences with comments such as "even if we get to 70% / 80% some restrictions will remain however, they will not verbalize just what those restrictions may be beyond masks and social distancing, as if to suggest that's all there will be.