PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2021, 02:23
Xeptu

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Yaaabut...

When the unvaccinated end up clogging up all the nation's ICUs, despite the 'risk management/protection protocols' used by the unvaccinated while roaming free, the outcome is that there's no room left for the vaccinated when they have their heart attacks, serious accidents and other medical crises.
About the ICU. I can only make comment for what I know within my own state via those I know in that arena. The covid ICU zone is empty at the this time and is a separated facility from the primary ICU ward. It can cope with about 20 ventilated Covid patients comfortably and can be expanded to 50. In the event a major breakout occurs a separate inflatable facility is erected, usually in a carpark, oval, warehouse or stadium. These are normally managed by the military. All covid patients are then redirected to that facility and the major hospitals provide technical staff. Our state has 3 of them and can accomadate about 200 each. We don't have sufficient staff to care for that many, we would need both military and the other states to assist in the same way we did for Victoria.
On that note, NSW doesn't appear to have learned any of the lessons in VIC, including PPE as observed in the news. The common quote is " what on earth have they been doing in the last 12 months, have they learned nothing"