PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (CASA + AsA) / NAS = Big Brother
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 07:29
capitan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compressor stall,
not sure where you heard that, i've never heard that mentioned and it will never happen because it would cost more money and more controllers. The reason so many freq's are combined is to have one controller monitor as many as possible at the one console. Area frequeny's are restricted by the range of the transmitters and receivers, so there are blocks of these area freq's clumped together on the on console, so one controller is responsible for anything from 3 in my current area, to up to about 10 at my last post in WA. The areas in WA are so big the traffic ammount one controller can handle is spread out over these 10 areas, where my current post is more concentrated and we can only have 3 areas before freq congestion becomes a problem. So to not combine the area freq any more would require lots more controllers to monitor single freq's with minimal traffic in them. So more controllers, less work, more money, its not likley to happen. Every call for less controllers would result in more area freq's being combined, so its probably going to get worse in the future.