PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ofcom confuses again, wrt EMF exposure risks
Old 16th Aug 2021, 08:54
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Ofcom confuses again, wrt EMF exposure risks

I have just received an email, apparently from Ofcom (I can't see any benefit for a scammer - it seems genuine) about the 'new conditions they are imposing to cater for EMF exposure concerns.

This effort is almost as impenetrable as their previous and in my view every bit as pointless and absurd.
It tells me about different dates by which I have to demonstrate compliance for equipments transmitting on various frequencies (why make that bit complicated chaps?), provides a website link to their 'Final Decision' which does not work, promises a compliance flowchart which also appears to be unavailable and also promises that at some indeterminate point in the future they will provide an 'updated online calculator', no doubt to allow me to find out, again, that this is a load of needless hooey.

Has anyone else been sent this? Does it make sense to you? Can you access any of it? I ask because although I can't see a scam in this, it seems rather too absurd even for our impressively useless mob of official numpties.