PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contractual Obligations
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 06:01
flyerstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear BillHicksRules,

You are most definitely speaking out of your rear end. In fact i have concluded that you are frustrated with no perception of the real outside world. Before entering the aviation industry I was an industrial chemist. I hope you condier me as one of the contributors to society you mentioned (in which case I'm flattered). To become an airline pilot is more and more difficult nowadays. Not every tom, dick and harry who manage a university degree can manage the ATPL i can assure you. And the salaries paid are very similair to what an IT executive or a senior accountant gets. So if you think we are overpaid think twice maybe more in your case.

Please stop this rant. You mention teachers as moulding the next genius when in reality the work of a genius has nothing to do with the teacher. It is who is tought rather than who teaches.

We have our own responsibilities, long hours, operational decisions, etc.... to deal with. However I can assure you that there is no other job that gives you as much satisfaction as working in the aviation industry. And carrying 170 satisfied passengers does not compare to a bus driver or taxi driver as you mention.

Sorry to say but your post sucks.