PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2021, 07:07
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Now come on 377, Mr Two Cents is at least attempting some witty retort, although it's so blunt I'm suffering more concussion than insult.
I’m not interested in responding to you with a ‘witty retort’. And your response is a classic. You still believe the 80% line in the sand BS being promulgated by governments that couldn’t run a lemonade stand. I still recall the Morrison government and other governments saying;
- 65% vaccination and the borders will open. Now they are saying 70-80%.
- I recall the Governments saying that once 80% is achieved then the borders will open. Now some of them are saying it is not a guarantee.
- I recall CMO’s saying school aged students are not a risk and are exempt from vaccines. Yet most of the time schools have stayed closed for long periods and now they are talking about younger ones getting vaccinated.
- I recall the government saying that if you are immunised you will basically be able to move about freely. Nope, that hasn’t happened. In fact now they are saying that regardless of your vaccine status they may and will continue to close borders and enact lockdowns.

You see, the narrative changes constantly depending on what internal polling the political parties are doing, and what those results are. These muppets have no idea how to handle this pandemic. And they cannot guarantee all those ‘wonderful freedoms’ even if everyone is vaccinated. They are full of **** and jumping around from an hour to hour.

43mm, we are all over this COVID ****. All of us. I hope you are right and that when we hit 80% they open the floodgates and let us go about our business. In fact if they do, and you are correct, I will be the first to shout you 3 beers. I am a man of my word. But seeing is believing, and our incompetent, belligerent, gutless Governments are yet to handle any crisis effectively and in a concise and praiseworthy manner.