PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2021, 06:36
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
The one thing that you are putting your trust in is not something that is guaranteed to work in the long run. Tsk tsk tsk.
I don't think we're putting our trust in vaccinations per se', rather, the Government - every single one of those ****ers across the nation - is saying "Get vaccinated, or you're screwed". Not in as many words, but by their actions, and continued kow-towing to the "health advice" commentary.

We don't have a damn choice, not FIFO crew and sure as hell not pilots (Rex & QLink Driver's excepted). I didn't want to get the vaccination, but from where I sit, essentially jobless and unemployed, what is the alternative? Sit here hoping the Premier's will cave in and say "You know what, stuff it, let's go!" We all know that won't happen...

McGowan has already all but admitted he won't reopen the border no matter what the vaccination rate is nationwide, so, short of assassinating 7 Premiers (well, 6, I'll give the NT Chief Minister a pass, they've been fairly level-headed throughout), or staging a military coup, I don't see any alternative.

That being said, I do think this thing will evolve, hopefully to something like the flu, with annual vaccines, however, there's also a distinct possibility of it going the other way. My only hope in that case, is it strikes Parliament House first....