PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2021, 23:46
dr dre

Received 370 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches

The reason I'm seeing in some states for the rapid spread is that anti vax sentiment also spreads in pockets like the virus itself, so certain towns have very high proportion of unvaccinated, despite the whole country having a generally high rate. This then means when it gets loose in those populations it spreads rapidly among them.
Yeah, I think by the time Australia’s vaccination is mostly completed (whenever that is) there’ll be a comparatively even uptake of vaccines. In the US there’s certain areas (seemingly ones that support the former President) that are much higher in their vaccine refusal rates, up to a 20% difference. This is with the vaccine uptake rates beginning to slow down so it there’ll be certain pockets that have a large number of unvaccinated.

In Australia there’s some differences in state rates now, about 10%, but I’d expect as the rollout is still a work in progress and more Pfizer and Moderna now coming online in the last quarter of the year it should be a relatively even distribution across the country once we all the time above 70/80%. It should prevent Covid becoming a “pandemic of the unvaccinated” here.