PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2021, 08:58
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
Did you miss my post re VACCINATED people still transmit the virus.
I think you have missed that the point of mass vaccinations is to reduce the symptoms and rates of death in individuals. Vaccinated people with breakthrough cases have more than 90% less rate of death or severe symptoms. Reduced symptoms like coughing and such would also reduce the spread relative to someone coughing all over the place.

Once enough of the population is vaccinated the country can open, people will still get sick, but they will not die and far less will require hospital/medical services. That will happen towards the end of the year. After that I'm pretty sure empathy for unvaccinated will go out the window and economics will prevail.

Not quite sure why people thinking it still spreads while you are vaccinated means it don't work. Same as the flu vaccine its there to reduce effects, not stop it. However some individuals may even be protected enough to claim full immunity from it.

Just look at the UK, massive case rates, very low death and hospitalisation rates. Not ideal to have large cases, as it allows for mutation, but as long as the death and hospitalisation rates state way down like they are, things will open.