PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2021, 01:49
minigundiplomat

Received 187 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
466 today. Reminds me of the old NSW numberplates: NSW - The First State!

What I find amusing, but moreso concerning, is the Armidale lockdown being extended by a week, despite there being zero cases detected up there since that Newcastle bird toured the area. But, as usual, it's "based on the health advice"

By that token, shouldn't Perth still be locked down? I mean, they had a positive case a while back. And Cairns too. When the health advice is consistent advice across the various CHO's and Premiers, people might start taking it seriously. But they can't get their stories straight, and that makes a mockery of the entire process.
Cairns has year round UV and a population that generally does the right thing. Whatever the perceptions of the FNQ population they wear masks when told to, scan in to places and stay home if they are sick.

It’s not the rules that are at issue in NSW, it’s the willingness of the the population to comply. Victoria leaned the hard way last year that you may think you’re the epicentre of the known world, but you still have to follow the rules. NSW are still learning…