PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A simple question from a now (much older) wannabe.
Old 13th Aug 2021, 07:10
Richard Dangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratch the itch with a PPLH - then at least you can do that part-time and keep earning well. At the end you will have a much better idea of how much you want to spend your whole working life in a cockpit - it is a job and, like any other, has its good and bad aspects.
This.

Canada is not immigration friendly anymore...
Pretty sure Canada has been a pretty tough place to get into for a while. Unless of course you have the skillz/moniez they are looking for (like many wealthy nations). Not sure a "wannabe" helicopter pilot (your words) ticks that box?????

A sincere word of advice...I would have a third-party, preferably a paid professional, sit down with you and delve deeply into your motivations. It is all to common for people (and I mean all of us) to misunderstand the signals our brain gives us. What can appear as "unrequited desire" for a former career option, can easily be hiding something entirely different in your life. I won't speculate what that might be, I'll merely point out that all of us are susceptiple to this form of self-deception at periods in our lives and thus armed with this knowledge it is purely pragmatic and sensible to take a step back and take a deep and holistic view of oneself. If done in collaboration with a trained professional that will likely provide more valuable insights.

Finally, flying schools (pretty much all of them) are about the nut-worst places on Planet Earth to get career advice. I know, I worked in one for two years.

Good luck.