PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 13th Aug 2021, 00:04
430W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
Share price is similar to pre covid levels. 737 op is precarious, saab operation was hoing gangbusters before the gladys outbreak
Trouble is that the shares are pretty tightly held and those that rode it up to its heady heights have probably already exited. I used to watch the share price and volume before the Pandemic and certainly before the 737 op and you would see it move around 2 or 3 percent on just a few thousand shares being sold/bought. I couldn't help think that the shares were being traded between related parties to support the share price and capital value of the company. I have no proof but it always didn't add up to me.

As you rightly point out, the share price is back where it was pre pandemic and Rex were supposedly going gangbusters yet the shares have not headed for the basement with what is going on now and the enormous uncertainty surrounding the company. In fairness not of all their doing but the share price doesn't make sense. You will note minimal volume seems to support the price as it bounces around 1.20 and it has been like that for the last 3 or so months.

Might all be legit. Irrespective, my view has always been that I already have too much at risk in aviation just by working in it and buying airline shares is a step too far and that goes for any of them.