PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contractual Obligations
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 04:24
BillHicksRules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Felah,

To take the points in your rant in order.

1) I was never interested in "flying in todays bean-counter run industry". My best friend does and I would not have his job for 3 times what he earns.

2) At what point did I say that pilots go through no training. I am well aware of the trainng regime for the current commercial pilot and the ongoing re-certification. I was simply alluding to the fact that pilots are not the only trained profession.

3)"You may think that enabling businessmen and women to travel is not worthwhile, also you may think that enabling all these valid professions to travel and enjoy their hoilday time in all parts of the world is not worthwhile". I am glad that there are people who will drive me where I want to go on holiday, like taxi drivers, bus drivers, train drivers and plane drivers.

4) Lets not compare the impact a teacher can have on society and that of a pilot. A teacher can mould the next Stephen Hawking or Alexander Graham Bell, a pilot simply takes them to the airport near the beach on holiday.

5)"How many careers do you know in which competency is continually assessed and required to maintain your "honest days wage"?" This statement shows your ignorance of the real world. There is one outside aviation you know. Where the real work is done.

I am not anti-pilot or anti-aviation, I am simply sick to the back teeth of the egotistic behaviour of pilots. The belief that they have some divine right to money, power and hero worship from those of us who pay their wages.

Cheers

BHR