PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th Aug 2021, 17:19
j34allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Rudestuff.

So I would say I am absolutely in the former camp. My situation is in early 30's, saved enough to cover most costs, have zero dependants (partner or kids), educated to degree level so would hope with hard study and focus I'd be capable of passing ATPL's, and I'm not only available too, but also keen to study abroad so I am in a very flexible position.

I suppose the tricky part is that as i'm fortunate enough to have a number of options i'm finding it quite difficult to decide on the best route and not waste this very privileged opportunity.

I've flown 5 hours in a mix of small aircraft and I know it's something I want to commit to for the long run, but i'm conscious that i'm no spring chicken, so I suppose the most important thing for me is finding the most suitable route to give me the best chance of landing a job asap after graduating. Ideally i'd like NOT to stay in the UK and would be keen to take a job in just about any country/ airline that would have me. Hope that sheds some light on my concerns and personal situation.