PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Mild Aspergers Syndrome UK Class 1 medical
Old 12th Aug 2021, 00:59
ve3id

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add my two ha'penneth worth, I was talking to another prof in the faculty lounge about a student with physician-diagnosed ASD, and to my surprise the other prof, a PhD who came to use from a gov't research agency, admitted that he felt that was somewhere on the spectrum, also commenting that he thought all of us engineering faculty are somewhere on the scale. I've often wondered about myself!

I think the key thing is 'functional'. If you are so far on the scale that you have rigid habits, such as demanding to sit in a particular seat at a table, then that could be limiting, After all no skipper is going to let you sit in the left seat of a transport aircraft! But the fact that you have self analysed I think is a good sign and I agree with the other posters that you should not in any way volunteer any opinions of your own. If it is going to be a limiting factor in the carrying out of your duties, I'm sure they have ways of finding that out!

Good luck.