PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 11th Aug 2021, 19:19
DaveSpart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banana Joe

I'm not going into detail about those companies as I don't have their specifics, but to my knowledge the staff that was laid of is mostly coming back on line, and an appropriate pay cut was put in place, rather then completely abuse the situation. But the big difference between us and them is we have billions in the bank, Ryr could have easily topped up furlough for all crew to 80% salary for over 2 years without borrowing excess amounts or risking there current liquidity and the workforce would have actually been able to come through without being forced into financial misery, sever depression etc.

But no, ryr did not top up furlough, or made any additional pay top ups (except A/L) days, so really, what is the difference between "working" for Ryr and being laid off if they don't pay you anyway?
That agreement is the single most shameful document ever signed and a kick in the teeth for anyone who is/wants to be a pilot in ryr.

Please note this rant is only about the financial harm being done, lets not start with the 100's of cases in the recent years of RYR threatening/ persecuting staff for calling in sick (completely disregarding and just culture and putting even more stress on the already worn out workforce) or the fact those sadist will make sure you will never be at a base you want unless you know the right in HQ.
I'd rather never fly a day in my life again than to keep working for the Irish mafia, but hey, enjoy your line training, hope its worth is!