PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2021, 12:03
milleriom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, bye bye to Heathrow again after only a few months and well over two decades after the last time the IOM-LHR route stopped. The last Loganair rotation was last night and the Embraer jet airframe that they were using has already gone off to greener pastures.

This morning, the only local based aircraft ''died'' which meant that the Loganair ATR lifeline "Patient Transfer Flight" to Liverpool (for which the IOM Government pays millions) was grounded for 2 hours.

Loganair are clearly not a panacea - certainly not the answer for many of the IOM residents' hopes. In the real world we now have to live in, we are lucky to have the easyJet routes, capacity and frequencies. I just looked at random dates to LGW in November and December and I can buy lots and lots of very suitable (for me that usually means a morning out and an evening back) return flights with a small cabin bag only, for just £66 and in some cases as low as £56. Most, but not all, business travellers who still wish to fly out and in on business trips will not like the lack of a day trip option nor the location of Gatwick but until there are enough of them to support a LHR or LCY double daily service there will not be one. Meantime, the bulk of the people will continue to use the easyJet services in large numbers and consider them amazingly quick, comfy and cheap.

Last edited by milleriom; 11th Aug 2021 at 12:49.