PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How would you deal with this scenario?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 02:52
av8boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flock,

I'd echo what's been said thus far, but add just a minor point. Among other things, you said,

...He did check the weather beforehand, but because he got himself a little lost, he has drifted into the BAD weather.
Please understand that when you call me I don't care if you bounded into the air after careful preperation or did so without a glance skyward. If you didn't plan properly, that's for you to sort out with the license people later on. When you call us (any of us) with a problem, we all play the hand we've been dealt. Don't tell me that you checked the wx before you left or that you're "a little lost." Stick to stuff that's important NOW. Tell me you've gotten yourself into conditions which are beyond your ability and that you're lost. Tell me what you know and what you're able to do. You and me, we're going to be best friends for the next few minuites and we need to be on the same page and FOCUSED.

Want to call me later and tell me how you checked the wx before you left and you have no idea how it could have gone to hell so fast etc? Fine. Do it. I'd love to hear from you. But for now, put it out of your mind and aviate. Let's work this out and get you down.

Now, ident and verify your altitude and heading...

Dave