PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at Old Warden
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2021, 21:02
meleagertoo

Received 136 Likes on 65 Posts
Evanelpus, couldn't agree more.
My bike group used OW as a regular and favourite watering/cake hole.
I regularly used it as a surprise/treat stopoff with friends when out for the day as the atmosphere was so special, Hey! lets grab an icecream and lo and behold you're licking the drips off in front of an SE5 or Pup. It never failed to impress even the most uninterested females, though I can't vouch for BAMEs.
This is proper human-level access to aviation on a scale all but lost nowdays, a scale that made even veteran flying seem accessible to all. What better way to enthuse youngsters than have them gawping at dope and drippping castor oil across a simple farm fence?

Old Warden is a National Treasure, it seems beyond comprehension that they'd restrict glimpses of the delights within from passers-by when the hardcore attendees will always attend anyway - but how can this increase attendance ot revenue? Clearly it can only have the opposite effect! . By doing this they simply ensure they'll never increase attendance. What is the point of that?

Shuttleworth Trust, sack this buffoon forthwith and revert to open gate, open cafe, for your very survival.