PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any of you europeans fly in US?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 02:32
ArcherII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, M.85, it's really an issue of immigration more than anything else. If I knew I could work legally in the US without much of a problem, I would definitely just work here, as I"m already used to , already have my FAA PPL and it's cheaper here etc.

But from what I've been hearing from people for hte past 2 years...it's not the easiset thing to get a residence and steal the job from thousands of other Ameerican pilots dying to get a position.

I do hear of some flight schools (especially in Florida) that hire their foreign students. That's why I'm still considreing getting FAA licences and trying to work here.

If I decided to try workin in Europe, I would geta ll my JAA/FAA licences in Florida and then finish up training in the UK (to get some actual flight on european airsspace) and probably try tof ly in the UK in that wonderful IFR weather they've got.

As far as schools go...I've been looking hard at two types of school:

1. FAA schools that give you a ton of multi time
2. Schools that give you both JAA and FAA licences in Florida

under "1" I'm looking at:

Fly Aviatior Inc www.flyaviator.com

they offer 200 hours multi time and all FAA ratings for 26 grand (very cheap)

All ATPs www.allatps.com

They offer 190 hours multi (50 in a sim) and all ratings...but they are very reputable and train you as if you were flying 737s rather than Seminoles across teh entire US on x/c. Also 3 hours in a Citation for jet transition...

under "2" I'm looking at:

International Flight Training Academy : www.goifta.com

All the JAA and FAA ratings for 39 grand plus chance to work as instructor and participate in first officer program. Get to fly a King Air too and get typed.

Euroepan Flight Training: www.europeanflighttraining.com

Orlando Flight Training: www.flyoft.com

any advice/experiences with those schools...or Europe/JAA vs US/FAA flying and immigration issues appreciated

Happy 100 year of flight to everybody!

Archer