PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non immigrants work permit and pilot job.
Old 10th Aug 2021, 15:12
Flocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ofc if you want to have direct entry Captain in Air-France it is impost (how did you guess I m French &#129315, no chance for nobody in fact, because as big US airline, it is a seniority airline so all new entry will go as FO A320.

Now, if you have a work permit in Europe, the EASA licence and you apply for a direct entry CPT because you have the requirements of the advert, I don't see why it would not work, it is really risky to lie on your log book as if anything happens and it is discovered that you were lying, you will end up really in a bad position ... I will not say that nobody do that, but I m sure it is rare at this end, even more if like me you have 10years or more experience. Currently I operate as 737 CPT, same as in USA I believe, my upgrade was a long process, it was nothing just given to me.

Now saying that, I understand that US is a different systems and as said before, I don't see a problem to fly as FO, it is different part of the world, different ATC, ...

​​​​​So if I understand well, with my profile :

Part 121 : I need 1000hr FAA for any upgrade, so I can apply to any job of FO and after 1000hr I could upgrade in regional airline.

Part 135 : technically I have the requirements to be Captain, but no airline will give me this position as insurance will block it
So same I need to apply as FO but I could potentially upgrade faster in part 135 and after 1000hr on FAA plane, I could also go to part 121.

I m right ?

How much I can expect as FO with my profile ? I know you are going to tell me it depends of the operator but to have a rough idea?

​​​​​