PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2021, 13:26
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
Although part of me thinks it may be his plan after all. The closed border is winning him votes and no one can leave to spend their money in more interesting parts of the country or the world...he probably doesn’t care if 80% is ever reached, because it gives him the power to stay shut for a lot longer.
No bogans here either. Two more days and my wife and I will be fully vaxxed.
That this is only happening now has absolutely nothing to do with Mark McGowan but falls 100% into ScoMo's lap.

Originally Posted by Transition Layer
The closed border is winning him votes and no one can leave to spend their money in more interesting parts of the country or the world...he probably doesn’t care if 80% is ever reached, because it gives him the power to stay shut for a lot longer.
The closed border is winning him no votes at all. The freedom of movement, continuing employment and freedom from disease is certainly a vote winner though.
You see, most West Australians are quite capable of forgoing pilgrimages to the Sydney Bowlo provided they are still gainfully employed, healthy, enjoying an otherwise unencumbered lifestyle and don't have to worry about how they can get to Grandad and Nan's funeral.

As for the travel, we should be OK for SA, VIC, QLD, NT and Tassie again before too long.
And we'd still be able to commute with NZ if Beryl hadn't screwed the pooch.