PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will be in the air on December 17th?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 01:08
BeauMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm delighted to be able to say that my logbook contains the cherished date, 17/12/03.

Nothing ground breaking, just an hour of practicing emergencies and other bits and bobs prior to tomorrow's QXC (which takes me Cambridge - Leicester - Norwich - Cambridge. Give us a wave, eh? ) I did harbour some rather romantic idea of doing a symbolic 120 foot hop, and if you count the distance between bounces one and two on today's landing, I reckon I've done it!

And then on (by car) to Old Warden, my first visit for years. It won't be my last! Stood for a good couple of hours grinning at the sight of the two Maggies and the Tiger Moth chugging around. Also nice to see Airbedane getting up in HP's Falcon. As for the Boxkite, well... what an absolutely captivating machine, flown beautifully. I especially enjoyed watching the hop on the way to the runway, definately one of those images that I'll never forget. All in all, that Boxkite display was thoroughly deserving of the applause at the end.

I'd just like to thank all at OW for putting on such a wonderful display. Cheers guys.