PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2021, 23:33
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ManillaChillaDilla
At the end of the day the rest of the world provides an interseting comparison as to how this has been mishandled in Australia.

Politics is simply a game inhabited by those who by reason of extending their own gravy trains, are first and formost interested in themselves. To be in politics they have to be.

NSW and Victoria are good examples of " leaders " who have forgotten that they work for us. Not the other way around.

Franco in Vic gave himself a 15% payrise in the middle of last year just as his policies were killing the most vulnerable in our society!

If protecting the comunity and our country was the priority, we wouldnt be in this current shambolic state.

Its the politicians olympics and death by a thousand cuts for the populus.

At what point did this conduct become ok?

MCD
Yeh, let's not let facts get in the way of an accusation. In Victoria, there is an independent remuneration tribunal which is at arms length to government, it sets the salaries of Members of the Victorian Parliament, senior Public Servants, Councillors throughout the State and and Government operated Corporations (e.g. VicRoads, TAC, et al).

It was specifically set up by the current government to take the determination of government related salaries out of the hands of the Parliament because of previous accusations of self-serving and being out of touch. Among it's board members are an expert in workplace remuneration, I believe a former industrial relations judge.

Most Victorians support the State Government and the Premier, it's why his government was re-elected in a landslide and why he is widely supported with respect to the management of Covid, unless you get all your new from Sky News after-dark.

Every major project that was promised upon initial election (Level Crossings, for example), has been running ahead of schedule. We have had more work done on repairing our roads and upgrading infrastructure than any government for decades. Even the outliers and nutters on Sky News admitted after the last election that Andrews' government got re-elected because people like it when infrastructure is promised and delivered.

Used to live in NSW, didn't mind Gladys viewing her from afar but she lost me when she refused to lock down the State and look what's happened.

Yes, the overwhelming majority of politicians are self-serving and only there because they failed at everything else beforehand - however, in assigning blame and/or malfeasance, I'd be looking in the direction of Mr "I don't hold a hose", "sports-rorts", "carpark rorts", "community safety rorts", "robodebt", "National Fraudband Network", "Censusfail", "Aged-care disaster" and the fact he only barely got re-elected in 2019 because of Clive and the stupid opposition presenting a policy platform to out-complicate Hewson's GST.