PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should have kept Lyneham Open
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2021, 14:02
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Today, the Sunday Telegraph contains an article dealing with (avoidable) problems at Brize Norton. Quite frankly something like this would always happen so where are the realistic CONTINGENCY plans? (Private Eye was already in there).

How much would it have cost to set up an enclave at Lyneham? There would only need to have been a small permanent crew, which would have been reinforced when required. This crew would have been 'parented' by the REME. At Benson in the early 1960s, the air movements unit was run, at least one day per week, by the senior air movements course gaining practical experience and supervised by their instructors.

I note the RAF is trying to put a brave face on - almost suggesting that this perfectly normal.

Is it so difficult to get it right????

When the revolution comes, I shall dust off my Tumbrill and carry the bean counters to their just deserts!!!

What nonsense has HS2 got to do with providing the nation with a decent railway. The money - I've forgotten the actual billions - should be deployed elsewhere and soon.

Old Duffer