PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 8th Aug 2021, 10:13
Theholdingpoint

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
When they started to screw up low hours you did nothing because you were experienced. Now they're coming to you and you're blaming low hours paying for TR when they have litereally no alternative.

Do you think I did enjoy a 25k bill to join the "orange family"? Well, spoiled alert: I did not.
If people are willing to pay such sums to enter the industry you should ask yourself what their plans B/C/D are. And before you start the old saying "get a degree and", I've already got my engineering degree, and given the available "opportunities" I can assure you paying 25k (same story with 50k or more) still made A LOT of sense financially speaking.
And before the "military route" comes in, last time I could have applied (age limit) there were 24 (twentyfour) flying positions for the entire country, with a mandatory service period of 18 (eighteen) years (initial training excluded). No thanks.

Now let me ask you one thing: who was the first to pay (bond included), low hours entering the market or experienced switching company (OCC course, new TR, etc)?