PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2021, 08:21
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually that's not correct if you are implying they haven't worked at all. Between the station and the old T2, there are 7 sections in each direction, 14 in total. I would say that based on my fairly regular visits to T2 in the summers of 2018 & 2019, on average 10 sections were switched on. On a couple of rare occasions, all 14 were. Sometimes 1 or 2 were evidently down for maintenance awaiting those ever elusive parts; others were just switched off, or perhaps not switched back on if they were shut down at night.

To Mr A Tis's point, I agree it's a long trek to the new T2 departures hall, and no seats airside when you get there as I found on 2 recent visits. That said, the skylink between T2 and the station has been fairly quiet, even with several TUI and Jet 2 flights checking in in the old T2 (check-in areas were busy). The skylink from the station to T1 was far busier but the travelators switched off.

I very much hope that as traffic levels continue to pick up, MAN will reactivate the travelators. Doesn't do any good for passengers' impressions if they have a long trek with luggage, especially those of us for whom walking is now seen as hard work rather than useful exercise.