PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2021, 05:04
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Seriously? Have you farewelled anyone significant to you in the last 18 months? Watching on from home and then not being able to commemorate their memory together with others? It’s not the same. Not even close. The lowest point for me in this entire crap shoot of the last 18 months was watching the funeral of this hugely significant mentor of mine online and separated from my friends.
Last week actually, how I know you can do it online. I will add though we all mourn differently so it suffices for me to watch a service and reflect in my own way.

Thanks for posting that 'pithblot', a great summarybut it's lost on a certain few who simply are dedicating their lives to debunk anyone's eless opinion/beliefs, something you aren't apparently allowed to have in their sad eyes -(
You can have an opinion, however when you make it public you are influencing other people. And affecting public debate, so you better have your **** in order and thick skin as you will get judged. If you are not critical of what you read and blindly follow others statements without questioning, then good for you, not my style.

Making statements like 43 inches “go get vaccinated and get on with it” are misguided.
The government wants a way out of lockdowns. So they are pushing experimental vaccines because that’s what everyone else is doing.
For those of you who do not want to participate in this global vaccine experiment I say you are entitled to your freedom to choose. I for one will not hold it against you.
No one has the right to push an idea or an ideology on anybody.
Especially when you consider that the benefits of vaccine whilst real are probably grossly over exaggerated.
You can choose to not vaccinate as I've said before that's your choice, my choice is to ask people to get vacinated for their own good as all science says thats in your interest. If you want to push your anti vax on people, go for it, but show some actual evidence of why other than crackpot science and misunderstood stats with no medical understanding. Saying I'm misguided, well offer some real proof not that tripe you posted, we have been through that covid IS killing 2.5% of those infected in Australia, so don't dig up some rubbish stats that are far from the mark. All you have to do is divide those dead vs those infected. Where your source gets .23% from is monkey science.

Here's the hard stats, covid season 950 odd deaths, vs 36,000 infections that's 2.6% death rate and since the covid is still active the death rate is lagging indicator vs infections. The US with much larger infection rate and deaths is about the same mortality rate. So far the flu over the same period has killed 36 people from 22,000 diagnosed cases with probably 10 times that actual cases of mild flu that never get diagnosed. Taking diagnosed cases alone leaves a death rate of 0.01%. Ok you can believe some guy reporting stats that are pulled from their arse or you can just see the stats from readily available sources.

Last edited by 43Inches; 7th Aug 2021 at 05:32.