PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2021, 04:42
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
Seriously? Have you farewelled anyone significant to you in the last 18 months? Watching on from home and then not being able to commemorate their memory together with others? It’s not the same. Not even close. The lowest point for me in this entire crap shoot of the last 18 months was watching the funeral of this hugely significant mentor of mine online and separated from my friends.

Not only did I miss the funeral, but the commemoration and gathering we had planned for 12 months on of his death (because we couldn’t gather together 12 months ago) has also been cancelled due to lock downs.

So excuse me if I call ‘bull sh!t’ on that sentiment 43Inches. It’s not an acceptable alternative. We all acknowledged the short term need. It should not become the default long term solution.
Very well said. Then there is the hypocrisy of certain numbers at certain events, yet personal events get the harsh treatment. It simply is not right.

Ok I didn’t read the article.

But yes the only way to move forward is for mass vaccinations, the rest of the first world is proving this by the opening of countries. Yet Straya is still hamstrung domestically?????

Yes the government and the media are equally to blame. Such a joke and so sad. I feel for everyone that has been effected, oh and it hasn’t stopped. Just when Qantas, Virgin and yes even Rex were really going for it domestically... Bang! Oh so fickle the government. The problem is it is 7 governments (or countries in one) that will never agree.

Stop the blame game, work as one.

You are, we are, all Australian!