PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pull up a sandbag ~ "I remember when..
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2021, 21:31
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm almost embarrassed to contribute having read some of the posts.........but here goes! Standing in a field in Germany on ex Lion Heart getting pay (and LOA) in a brown envelope. Staring in disbelief at the prices in the NAAFI at St Georges Barracks in Minden. Growing up fast! My mate running into me and writing a Bedford TM off.......errrr, there may have been some paperwork involved but not much. Same mate blowing the turbo on the replacement TM and our SSM asking "would you like me to have an effing tow truck accompany you everywhere Docherty?!" Another mate who was "Don R" having his helmeted head stuffed through the grill of another TM when someone selected reverse instead of second and reversed into three of us chatting! Errrrr, definitely no paperwork on that one!! Falling asleep in a rest area and finding the convoy had moved off........waking the snoring lance jack in the drivers seat and asking for the map......"what map?" and thinking "we're f*cked now!"
This is without doubt, the best thread ever!!! My god, what an anodyne world we live in..........I'm waiting for a call from 1984 telling me I can go back!