PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non immigrants work permit and pilot job.
Old 6th Aug 2021, 09:06
Flocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non immigrants work permit and pilot job.

Hello all.

Here is the situation. I m from Europe 36years old, with 5000TT and current flying as CPT on 737ng until end of this summer season.
I have previous experience on C510 Mustang, Embraer 170/190, Dash 8 Q400.

The employer of my wife if thinking to create a USA branch (they are already doing business in USA) and would like to send my wife overseas as manager, it will give her a E2 Visa as investors, what is a non immigrants Visa. From what we understood on internet it will give me the possibility to have a non immigrants work permit for 2 years, that can be renewed unlimited depending the E2 of my wife and her job.

Here is the question : can I find a job as pilot after conversion of my EASA licence in FAA with my 2 year renewable non immigrants work permit ? Or does airline will not take any risk because every 2 years I could be "kick out" depending of the business of my wife.
I don't really mind to be a first officer or the type of aircraft, but with my experience is that possible to think to do a Direct entry Captain in some regional airline ? Or more ? In VIP ?

Any advice and answer are really appreciated as if I can t work, even if this opportunity is amazing for my wife, it is going to be difficult to make it works (her employer want her to go at least for 5 year, to launch and do all the set up, I m 'ot going to not fly for 5 years)

Thanks for your answer.