PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2021, 13:05
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
We are a victim of our own success. We as an island have kept as much of the virus out by closing borders. All the premiers are
now brain washed and will want zero all the time. Zero is in their DNA. Scomo wants 70% though will the states comply. That is
the question. When 70% is achieved cases will skyrocket, some will still go to hospital, ICU, though will the premiers allow that.
They have no choice to open the whole country, they need to change that DNA from zero to living with it.
Well that's not a politicians call is it, that decision is on us the people. We need to have the conversation, it'll be the most watched Q&A session of all time I would think.

Our girls volunteered to help VIC in it's time of need and all of them came home infected, a good many of yours too. Mine are still affected from it, Long Covid they call it.
They can't be vaccinated yet, I don't know enough about it to tell u why, but in any case we have made our decision and I know we're not alone that we cannot be infected a second time,
So we have a very well organised bugout plan should that become necessary. one of the issues was the feeling of walking away from people in need, the ICU is the very last line of defence. My pitch to them to make them feel better is that you can't help anyone if your incapable yourself.
What you have written here in the last few hours gives us confidence our plan is sound and we should'nt worry too much about those that don't care anyway.