PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mystery Argosy
Thread: Mystery Argosy
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2021, 07:26
brakedwell

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Roebuck - Surprise surprise. I have looked through my logbook and see we arrived in Blantyre northbound from Matsapa on the 22 feb 1966 in XP410. On that leg I remember at least two inverters failing and we became well and truly stuck! Ksar sent spares down through Nairobi via East African Airways, then a Zambian Air Force Beaver set off with them from Lusaka, but lost an engine and forced landed! More spares were sent down and we eventually left Blantyre after a very pleasant stay on March 1st! I stayed with the SATCO/Airport boss, Mr Johnson who had flowndown to Matsapa with us to talk to the Air Traffic people. (He had an attractive 23 year old daughter) I am afraid I only have "crew" down in my log book, but Martin Willing (FO), Jock Reid (Eng) and Shaun Tuohy (AQM) were my usual crew. I did go on to Britannias after Aden, had eight years on them then left the RAF to join Civil Brits for 2 years before moving on to DC8s, 737s 757s and 767s. I am afraid I am a bit too old for Ardet does!