PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any of you europeans fly in US?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2003, 21:06
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
Easier to get a job in europe?think twice..
All depends if you d rather live in Italy or US...in a long term.
If you decide to stay in the USA, the cheapest way is to go via the Instructor way..lots of flight schools will hire you after you get your licence..Get your CFI CFII and MEI.Good chance theyll pay you under the table..
Then by then youd have built up the magic nr of 1200 or 1500(ATPL).Until then get married coz no other way to get a job...no sponsors..i got very lucky..but after sept11 no good news for expats.And jet operators never sponsor as too complicated..flight out of and back in the US.
SO my friend,if you decide to get your FAA licences you must bear in mind that you will do your career over there.(Not bad i tell you..)
Your FAA is considered as peanuts over here,the CAA is nearly reluctant to issue you a PPL from your FAA ATPL..tell me about ..been there done that never again...
If you want to live in Italy,come back now as your FAA wont stand a chance even express Airline time..

Your choice...but for someone willing to pay his dues,work hard(without much money),The USA are still TOP1...
If you want advice on how schools in the USA work ask me..One tried to rip me off..they are out of business now

Safe flying,

M.85