PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2021, 05:04
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
I guarantee you this will be the last year of full lockdowns. Even WA will drop full restrictions either by end year or early next year. Vaccine targets are on track for mid summer and then Australians with or without vax will have no choice in whether they get exposed. The only reason for further lockdowns will be a more deadly strain resistant to vaccines. NSW is proving that vaxed population are dieing less if at all and as that proof grows, like the UK we will open.
"A divide hermit nation for years to come".

Yeh. I'll put that in the same book of predictions as threads still extant on pprune from about 10 years ago, lauding the unrelenting genius of a man who's initials are JB, who was going to single-handedly build VA to the point where it destroyed the opposition. It certainly is interesting going back and reading all those comments from back then through the filter of the financial disaster that was left in said CEO's wake.

But hey, he got an AO for 'services to aviation' so I guess they must have all been correct.

Point being, what we predict flagrantly today, usually ends up not coming to fruition. Nothing is that bad and no one is that good.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.......