PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2021, 14:15
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virginblue

I think it is crackers to believe that an island which requires strategic links to operate and function effectively would not have a broad aviation framework and plan. I maintain that around 256 seats each way would be the right level of supply for the London market certainly in the short term. And I am not advocating collusion but simple sensible and rationale choice for customers that would easily float out of the free market if thought through carefully by the IOMG in a strategic manner. Longer term others and I have indicated that proper investment in tourism and industry is what is needed to stimulate demand. Like I said I have no idea what your customer needs are but I would suggest they are provided for I am pleased you have an outcome that meets your requirements. However I would suggest there are a lot of people who require a more frequent service to London than one a day Easyjet.

And back to competition I have also indicated that Easyjet commercial behaviour of setting prices low only to increase them when all other competition is gone which at least appears to be the case is unfair- enough said!